Make sure you read and follow them carefully so as not to accidentally disqualify your entry!
1. REGISTER : You must register your team by 11:00pm/23:00 Pacific Standard Time on 10/2/2013. [edit : you can add team members after registration]
2. SUBMIT : You must submit your game by 11:00pm/23:00 Pacific Standard Time on 10/10/2013.
Please make sure to hit the following link to get all the details on registration and submission:
3. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS : Your game must adhere to the following rules:
|•||Your game must be built with Unity. If you have already used a 30 day trial and cannot afford a Pro copy, you can go to RESOURCES to get a 30 day trial code.|
||You must provide a web player build with the screen dimensions equal to or less than 800 pixel width and 600 pixel height.|
|•||If you want to go smaller, or do a square-shaped aspect ratio, you can as well.|
|•||You can use Unity Asset Store assets.|
4. EXCLUSIVITY PERIOD : Submitted Games will be exclusively playable on Skybound and All Out War Game Jam partner websites for 2 months (60 calendar days) from launch.
|•||We get to show off the winning games on www.TheWalkingDead.com and www.Eurogamer.net.|
|•||After the 2 month period is up, you can do whatever you wish with your games.|
|•||During development, we require that you only share the games privately / securely with your team for play testing. Please do not post them on a public website.|
5. THE THEME + NAMING RULES : The theme and phrase for inspiration is “All Out War”. However, please do not name the game “All Out War” or “The Walking Dead” or have those phrases in your game name. You CAN use those phrases in your game description, just not your game name.
We chose this rule so not to create confusion in searches between our stuff and your games. Base it off the theme in term of words / phrase alone, but name it something different.
So if you were to create game about an All Out War on Pizza, you could call it “Pizzapocalypse”, but “An All Out War on Pizza” can only be used in your description text.
To be *even clearer* on this, you can use zombies, or you can not use zombies; that is up to you (We didn’t invent zombies). You can use the words of “All Out War” to be a literal idea, or an abstract one. You just can’t use the words as the game name, or the characters.
6. NO USE OF THE WALKING DEAD I.P : No use of The Walking Dead name, characters, stories, art or associated brands…
Pretty self-explanatory. Too many issues would arise for us legally, so we decided to keep this simple and disallow use of The Walking Dead and its world in the competition.
However, if you’d like to play around in the world of The Walking Dead, we recommend you pick up our Walking Dead Assault game on iOS / Android, or Telltale’s Walking Dead Episodes series.